Love Paper is a global consumer-focused campaign launched in 2012 to improve perceptions and raise awareness of the sustainability and attractiveness of print, paper and paper-based packaging.
Research carried out by Two Sides revealed some common misconceptions held by UK consumers;
- 64% believe European forests are shrinking – in fact, they’re growing in size by 1,500 football pitches every day.
- Only 16% believe the European paper recycling rate is above 60% – it’s actually 74% (The highest in the world!)
The campaign is making a difference. Surveys conducted in 2011 and 2016 show a 50% increase in UK consumer recognition of the environmental-friendliness of printed newspapers and a 13% increase for printed magazines.
In 2019, the campaign was relaunched with its own identity, new adverts, a new website and new possibilities for companies to support. The Love paper logo is now a registered trademark that reaches over 10 million consumers every month through advertising in newspapers and magazines.
There are a number of ways that you can support the Love Paper campaign, including;
1. Brand adoption on your printed marketing material or product packaging
We encourage brands, retailers and print agencies to contact us about the use of the Love Paper mark. It can help enhance your own sustainability messaging, which is perfectly demonstrated by the brands here!
2. Publishing the Love Paper adverts in your publication
If you are a publisher, contact us about running the Love Paper ads.
3. Follow the movement on Social Media
You’ll find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! If you have some great stories about paper which you share on social media, make sure you include the #LovePaper hashtag and tag us.
4. Members of Two Sides have exclusive rights to use the Love Paper branding, and the many tools & resources we create.
Find out more about becoming a member here.